Sunday 2 May 2010

Horray, I have my life back!


I have not been this happy in ages.  I can't remember the last time I have been this happy.  Everyday, I am living life to it's fullest.  I get to see my friends, I get to have dinner with my family, I spend time with my dog, I go hiking, I cuddle my boyfriend, I bake goodies....  Life is good.  I am very happy that I quit my job at Journey's.  Working 6 days per week, never having a weekend off, and sometimes working 80 hour weeks really took a toll on who I was and my relationship with others.

It has been 2 weeks since I have quit now and I am 100% confident that I made the best choice.  During these 2 weeks, I have had many interviews and have finally accepted a job offer.  My new job will start on my 28th birthday, on May 17th.  I will then be simply working 8:30-4:30 Monday - Friday.  I will have free time to be happy, build friendships, and live again.  I am so grateful for this.  In the meantime, I have 2 more free weeks to figure out more things about my life and where I want to be.  

I have realized that I have been depressed half of my life and that for as long as I can remember, I have been self-depreciating, jealous, and spiteful.  But just because I have been miserable for most of my 28 years on this planet does not mean that I have to be miserable forever.  People can change and I can be happy everyday, I can feel confident about myself, I can love who I am, and I can change and be a better person.  

No comments: