Saturday 9 May 2009

Morel Mushrooms in the Sun

I am thankful I am not in Korea this spring, otherwise, I would be missing morel mushroom season! I am admittedly lazy and bought these from a local farmer but that doesn't change how frickin' amazing and delicious these little guys are!

I will prepare them the way I learned how growing up: First, you cut each mushroom in half and soak it in salt water to bring out any bugs. Then, you prepare a breading mixture of cracker crumbs or flour with a little bit of seasoning. Next, you dip your mushroom in egg and pan cook it in butter. Sooo good!

3 comments:

kelseycliche said...

We found some in our backyard, I can't wait to chow down!

Natalie D. said...

mmmmmmmmmmm
I luck out every year and get tons from my dad :) aaah they are so good and not healthy.

iowa-girl-in-korea said...

Yeah, I totally ate a bunch of the fried mushrooms and then felt as if I were going to die the rest of the day. Fried food is super bad for you!

I pretty much never, ever want to see a morel mushroom again!