Saturday 18 April 2009

Party in my Bedroom Circa 1999

Today, I thought I would reminisce about all of the good times had drinking and dancing with my friends during the many parties had in my bedroom. My bedroom was covered in posters, had a damn good sound system with monster speakers, and was lit with lava lamps and black light.


This was definitely underage drinking at its best. Seriously. Our stomachs were made of steel and we were always ready to guzzle down cheapie Hawkeye vodka or Nattie Ice. Sometimes, we would invite over a friend with a decent waitressing job and a generous wad of cash to supply us with better stuff.

Every one of these parties always involved dancing and singing to Aqua's "Barbie Girl" and Jill Sobule's "I Wanna Be a Supermodel." It's insane to think that probably everyone I knew then knew every single word to Sublime's original 1996 album but its probably true.

I would change my clothes about a dozen times before the end of the night, someone would always end up puking, and we would all pass out in my bedroom, snuggled up in my big waterbed, or wrapped in blankets on the hardwood floor.

In the morning, I recall someone waking up with a toothbrush stuck in their hair. We were all probably still pretty drunk but that didn't stop us from getting out and stumbling through garage sales bright and early in the morning.

Good times.

No comments: